10 Best Pan-Asian Recipes to Order for Lunch (Delivery & Takeout)
Updated: Aug 5
Whether it be comforting one-bowl meals and colourful stir fries or heartwarming stews and aromatic curries, Pan-Asian cuisine offers a rich blend of fresh ingredients and vibrant flavours from street-food markets of many cultures of the region: Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian, and Cantonese. If you’re looking for a low-calorie meal that doesn’t look like diet food, you may find your answer in the process of steaming.
Simply put, a fresh-made-to-order Pan-Asian takeout will give you cent per cent taste buds satisfaction and zero ounces of regrets. Below we have compiled a list of all-time favourite Pan-Asian dishes for you.
From warm soups to grilled satay skewers to steamed rice, boiled noodles and hot curries, you’ll never run out of choices for an Asian-themed lunch or dinner. 1. Singaporean Laksa Soup
An iconic Malaysian recipe, this bowl of spicy noodle soup loaded with all the classic Laksa seasonings and toppings is incredibly rich, and mind blowingly delicious. And no, we don’t dump store bought Laksa paste into coconut milk. We make it from scratch!
2. Tom Yum Soup This is a type of Thai hot and sour soup, with key flavours coming from galangal, lemon grass, lime leaves, and Thai red chillies. Add your choice of veggies and protein, and kick its nutritional value up a notch.
3. Chicken Satay Skewers Is there anything chicken can’t do? This Indonesian-inspired dish has a marinade of garlic, ginger, lime juice, and chilli oil, seeped into chicken, with a little lettuce and peanut sauce on the side, making it a star appetiser at any party and event. When paired with Nasi Goreng, it works really well for a true Asian week-night dinner.
4. Soy Chilli Chicken Indo-Chinese food lovers, can we have a show of hands? Super quick and easy recipe, this dish is packed with spicy, delectable goodness of bell peppers and Asian flavours.
Serve it over a bowl of vegetable fried rice or noodles, and you have a show-stealer right there.
Lean beef is an excellent source of protein. Mixed with fresh herbs and vegetables, and tossed in a spicy Thai dressing, this nutrient-rich main course salad is a great recipe to order in for lunch or dinner.
What is better than succulent pieces of deep-fried chicken katsu cutlet tossed in homemade Bull-dog sauce served on a bed of prawn fried rice? This is just that: the ultimate comfort food, Asian style.
7. Nasi Goreng This is an important staple food in Indonesia, and for all good reasons. I mean, who can say no to a wholesome and delicious combination of fried rice, meat, and vegetables? It’s typically served with sunny side up eggs or omelettes, and chicken satay skewers, to make it a meal.
This is a flavoursome spaghetti noodle dish prepared by cooking colourful veggies, egg noodles and an Asian-inspired sauce together in a wok on a high flame. While steamed, sticky or vegetable fried rice are a common side dish in an Asian party, Vegetable Hakka Noodles also make a perfect partner for Asian curries and stews, particularly those that are not so heavy on veggies.
10. Kung Pao Chicken Kung Pao is among the most popular Chinese takeout recipes. Although its preparations vary widely across the world, at its core, there are four basic elements to this dish: diced chicken, cashews or peanuts, vegetables, and the “Kung Pao” sauce, which is primarily a medley of Asian sauces, vinegar, red pepper flakes, Sichuan peppercorns, and a pinch of sugar. Drool-worthy, isn’t it? Of course, Kung Pao Chicken and fried rice or egg noodles together make a really nice weeknight dinner.
If you’re a true Chinese food fanatic, you wouldn't (and shouldn’t) hesitate to feast on some of your favourite Asian recipes from our menu.